CCDI and ADC Presents
County Court CLE
Please join us
Friday, November 21, 2014
Ralph L. Carr Judicial Center, Room 1A & 1B
(security check-thru, 1st floor at 13th Ave. Entrance)
Parking suggestions: Art Museum (best, full day) or nearby $5 lots
We anticipate 8 General CLE Credits
CCDB Members | ADC Contractors - $160
Paralegals | Investigators - $80
Non-CCDB | ADC Members - $210
Colorado's county courts retain jurisdiction over most of the cases in the criminal justice system. Every Monday through Friday, defense attorneys with a broad range of experience appear representing clients alleged with misdemeanor, petty offenses, and traffic infractions including domestic violence, DUI, unlawful sexual contact, theft, and a variety of other crimes.
On November 21, 2014 from 8:30am to 5pm, join this program's faculty attorneys Harry Budisidharta, Christopher Decker, Natalie Frei, Saskia Jordan, Darin Mangnall , Dan Mossinghoff, Karen Steinhauser, Antony Noble, Brian Williamson, and Jeffrey Wolf, and legal professionals Judy Eaton and Julie Stransky of Intervention, Inc. and Beth Wise from Denver Pretrial Supervision as they explore the county court criminal practice.
Attendees should expect to learn about:
- Successfully defending domestic violence cases;
- Effective strategies with major traffic offenses and infractions;
- Issue spotting for pretrial motions practice;
- The nuances of sex-offense specific misdemeanor allegations;
- Preparing clients for probation and pre-trial supervision;
- The difference between county court and municipal court procedures;
- Variances in court procedure and sentencing practices across counties;
- Making the proper record for appeal in county court motions and trial.
Schedule of Events